If there is one ingredient that will transform your skincare regime it’s Hyaluronic Acid. Not only does it retain moisture effectively, but it plumps and rehydrates the skin as well as, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. The best part? It’s suitable for every skin type! There are so many products available that we know it can overwhelming especially when it comes to knowing how to use them to address your specific skin issues. In this blog, we have done all the research so you don’t have to! Read on to see how Hyaluronic acid can be worked in to your skin routine.
How to use Hyaluronic Acid on dry or sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is often caused by irritants in the environment that damage the skin’s barrier function. This barrier plays an important role in protecting the skin from bacteria while helping to retain water. When it’s damaged the skin can become more sensitive. Hyaluronic Acid can help repair and strengthen the barrier, bringing moisture and calmness to the epidermis.
- Vichy’s Mineral 89 Skin Booster should be the first after cleansing in your skincare routine; apply it to cleansed, dry skin. This will help to hydrate the skin throughout the day while protecting the skin from external aggressors such as pollution.
- Follow with a soothing moisturiser such as Vichy’s Aqualia Day Cream to keep the complexion looking dewy and fresh for up to 48 hours.
- Finally, Vichy’s Minéral 89 Eyes Hyaluronic Acid Eye Fortifier is the perfect booster to improve brightness and hydration around the eye area. Dermatologically and Ophthalmologically tested, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, making it perfect for those with sensitive skin and contact lens wearers.
- As a weekly treat, pamper with Vichy’s Minéral 89 Recovery Sheet Mask. This 10 minute hydration boost works to repair the skin and provide up to 24 hour hydration.
How to use Hyaluronic Acid on Oily and Blemish-prone skin
Oily skin can be caused by a number of things including hormones and stress which increase sebum production. Excess sebum and oil isn’t harmful but can congest pores over time and cause blemishes and blackheads. Drying out oily skin, the skin can create more oil to try and balance. Hyaluronic Acid helps compensate. It’s hydrating but lightweight so won’t clog pores or add additional oil to the skin.
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly with a cleanser such as Vichy’s Normaderm Phyosolution Purifying Gel. This will help remove excess sebum and impurities from the skin with salicylic acid.
- Next, boost hydration with two to three pumps of Vichy’s Mineral 89 Skin Booster and a moisturiser such as Vichy’s Normaderm Phytosolution Double Correction Daily Care, to protect the skin’s barrier and control excess oil.
- Accompany with Minéral 89 Eyes Hyaluronic Acid Eye Fortifier to smooth, hydrate and protect the eye area. A Minéral 89 formula with added caffeine, this helps to boost eye brightness.
How Hyaluronic Acid can help ageing skin
As we age, our skin starts to lose moisture, collagen and elastin. Dryness can also be caused by hormonal changes in the body especially the menopause. Sagging, lines and wrinkles can start to appear. We can’t stop natural ageing however Hyaluronic Acid can help the skin look smoother and radiant. It creates a plumping effect in the epidermis which may reduce some of the visible sign of ageing.
- Wash your face with a hydrating cleanser, then apply Vichy’s Mineral 89 Booster to plump up the skin and improve the look of lines and wrinkles.
- To help to strengthen the skin’s barrier function and stimulate cell renewal, apply a serum. Vichy’s Liftactiv Specialist Ampoules offers a concentrated dose of key ingredients, in the ampoule format for optimal efficacy, as fresh as possible.
- Follow with a moisturiser like Vichy’s Collagen Specialist Day Cream to provide comfort whilst improving the appearance of firmness, skin tone and wrinkles. If hormone related, try Vichy’s Neovadiol Compensating Complex Day Cream, Vichy’s specialist range to target menopausal skin concerns.
If you have any questions about hyalauronic serum, the Mineral 89 range or any other skincare related questions, our team of experts are here to help – don’t hesitate to get in touch!