- The Flu is a highly infectious acute respiratory illness caused by the influenza virus. It can affect people of all ages with outbreaks occurring almost every year, usually in winter.
- Flu is often self-limiting with most people recovering in 2-7 days. However, flu can be severe and can cause serious illness and death, especially in the very young and in the elderly.
- The flu vaccine helps the person’s immune system produce antibodies to the flu virus. The vaccine starts to work within two weeks.
- The most common side-effects and symptoms will be mild (e.g. headache, fever) usually lasting just one day. Your pharmacist will advise you on how to manage any symptoms,
- The flu virus changes each year this is why a new flu vaccine has to be given each year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries you may have or contact any of our stores to get an appointment.
Why choose us:
- We have 9 Pharmacies located across Dublin with early morning and late-night opening
- 21 specially trained pharmacists, available to answer any queries you may have prior to your vaccination – just pop into any of our stores!
- Option of weekend appointments in a number of our locations