Lactulose is a very widely used laxative, which helps relieve constipation in a gentle, reliable way.
- Take your doses at the same time each day.
- The dose may be given once daily, for example during breakfast, or divided up to three doses a day.
- Swallow the medicine quickly. Do not keep it in your mouth.
- You can take Lactulose Fresenius oral solution undiluted or diluted in some liquid.
- Use the measuring cup provided.
- During the treatment with laxatives you should drink sufficient amounts of fluids (approx. 2 l/day, equal to 6 - 8 glasses).
Adults and adolescents aged 14 years and over, for Constipation:
Starting dose: 15 - 45ml daily
Maintenance dose: 15 - 30 ml daily
Children (7-14 years):
Starting dose: 15ml daily
Maintenance dose: 15ml daily
lactulose Children (2 - 6 years) : 5 - 10 ml daily
Thereafter the dose can be reduced individually. The daily dose should be taken at once during the breakfast
Lactulose – 670mg/ml