Solgar ® Cran Flora is a specialised formula containing cranberry, Vitamin C (as Ester-C ®, calcium ascorbate) and L. Acidophilus. Cranberries are a native fruit to North America and are commonly used in American, European and Middle Eastern cuisines and are often found in dried form.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin that helps fight free radicals and maintains a healthy immune system. The Ester-C ® formula is a premium patented, non-acidic form of Vitamin C, which may be easier for your body to absorb. It contains additional natural plant bioflavonoids and is retained by your immune cells for longer than regular Vitamin C, giving you superior immune support.
The third ingredient in this specialised formula is L. Acidophilus, a strain of friendly bacteria which can be naturally found in the intestines. The intestines are responsible for digesting food, producing certain vitamins and assisting the immune system. The digestive system is home to trillions of bacteria and they support the gut to be healthy, as well as aiding the immune system.
Solgar ® Cran Flora comes in a 2 vegetable capsules a day dosage, giving you the equivalent of 40g of fresh Cranberries and providing 6 billion of L. Acidophilus microorganisms. The Vitamin C (as Ester-C ®, calcium ascorbate) contributes to:
• The normal function of the immune system (including during and after intense physical exercise)
• Normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones, teeth and cartilage
• Normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin
• The protection of cells from oxidative stress
• Normal functioning of the nervous system
• Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
• Increased iron absorption