- What to do
Salin Plus is the world's first, 100% natural dry salt therapy device that is clinically proven to relieve a wide variety of respiratory conditions. Built to help you breathe better and sleep better. The Salin® Plus air purifier is a small device, about the size of a kettle, that is plugged in each night and left on while you sleep. This natural salt therapy can improve the health of sufferers of debilitating issues including:
- Ear Infections
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Cold & Flu
- Sleep Apnea
- Post Nasal Drip
By gently dispersing microparticles of salt rich in trace elements into the atmosphere, salt therapy helps to open the airways, clear excess mucus and reduce inflammation. It is like having a salt cave in your own home. Inhaled whilst you sleep, the Salin® Plus Salt Therapy effectively aids better breathing and eases symptoms associated with respiratory problems.
Things to Remember
- Salin plus is a preventative not a cure
- Never come of any medication you are currently on
- Salin plus can take up to 12 week to work on some people
- Salin plus can reducd the temperature in the room it is been used in
- Never use your salin plus in a damp room, kitchen or ensuite
- Salin plus is a natural salt therapy for all respiratory related issues
- Only use saln plus in a dry room with windows closed at all times even during the day and during seasonal changes i.e. spring to summer/autumn to winter
- By leaving windows open in the room you are using your salin plus moisture can buildup during very warm/humid or damp weather.
- Salt is a natural dehumidifier and will draw in any moisture causing the salt particles to turn to liquid, this will damage your machine
- Water will only leak from your salin plus if it is been used in a damp room
The machine comes with a filter already fitted. Filters last between 4 months, this is based on the machine being used every night for 8 hours.
Don't put the Salin Plus
- Under or close to an open window
- Close to an En-Suite/Bathroom
- Close to an external wall
- In a kitchen environment where there is condensation and grease
Salin Plus© Air Purifier, using a fan system, draws the air from the room into the back of the device and through a salt cartridge pushing the purified (ionized) air back into the room.
Salin Plus© cartridges are filled with very pure micro-crystallised salts, primarily 98% Sodium Chloride (NaCl) and 0.5% Calcium Chloride and Magnesium. This creates a fine constant spray of NaCl in surrounding environments which help to change the ionization of the air thus helping you breathe more easily.
As salt hygroscopically (naturally) draws moisture from the air it is important that the room in which Salin Plus© is being used is dry and NOT DAMP.
If Salin Plus© is being used in a humid or damp room/environment it could lead to the release of salty water from the device. This is not harmful to your health but it will drastically reduce the effectiveness of Salin Plus©
Place your salin plus approximately 2 to 3 meters from your bed ensuring it is not near open windows or Ensuites.
Turn the device on to a setting you are comfortable with, However it is recommended that you set your device to the highest setting if you are having any respitory issues.
Remember to use your salin plus every night, continuous regular use.
Filters must be changed every 4 - 6 months.
What to do if you notice water or corrosion?
- Stop usign your Salin Plus immediately & plug it out
- remove the filter and dry the machine completely
- Put the machine in a dry room overnight i.e (Hotpress)
- Keep the windowns in the room closed at all times, this allows any build up of moisture to dry out
- After approximately 2/4 days of your room drying out, you should be able to use your slin plus again. Remember to keep windows CLOSED to avoid this repeating.
- Prolonged use of your salin plus in these conditions will result in your machine being damaged and unable to use
- VMS do not accept responsibility for water or corrosion damaged salin plus machines