Cystopurin is used to relieve the symptoms of cystitis. Cystitis is a distressing condition caused by an infection and/or inflammation of the bladder. It is normally no more than a painful nuisance and only rarely becomes more serious. Cystitis will occur in 4 out of 5 women at least once in their lifetime so it is a very common complaint and the attacks usually cause no lasting damage.
The active substance in Cystopurin is potassium citrate. Potassium citrate helps to relieve the symptoms of cystitis by making your urine less acidic, reducing the discomfort caused by acidic urine.
Directions for use:
Follow the directions below closely. You should ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure how to use this medicine. Cystopurin is taken as a drink.
Adults and the elderly
- Take the contents of one sachet dissolved in a small glass of cold water (200ml), three times daily for two days.
- All six sachets must be taken to complete the course of treatment.
Children over 6 years: Use only after advice from your doctor, and follow his/her directions carefully. Cystopurin is not recommended for children under 6 years.
DO NOT take Cystopurin:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to potassium citrate or any of the other ingredients in Cystopurin.
- If you have a history of kidney disease, Before taking Cystopurin, consult your doctor if any of the following apply to you:
- A history of heart problems
- Urine that is dark or cloudy, or has blood in it
- Unusually heavy vaginal discharge
- Stomach, groin or back pain
- High body temperature and general tiredness
- You suffer from phenylketonuria, since this product contains aspartame.