Clarityn helps to reduce your allergy symptoms by stopping the effects of a substance called “histamine”, which is produced in the body when you are allergic to something. When Clarityn should be taken Clarityn relieves symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis (for example, hay fever), such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose, and burning or itchy eyes in adults and children over the age of 2 years who weigh more than 30 kg.
Clarityn may also be used to help relieve symptoms of urticaria (itching, redness and number and size of hives). The effect of Clarityn will last a whole day and should help you to continue your normal daily activities and sleep.
What Clarityn contains?
- The active substance is loratadine. Each tablet contains 10 mg loratadine.
- The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, maize starch, magnesium stearate.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: Take one tablet once daily with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Children aged 2 to 12 years are dosed by weight: Body weight more than 30 kg: Take one tablet once daily with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Body weight 30 kg or less: Do not give Clarityn. There are other formulations more suitable for children 2 to 12 years old who weigh 30 kg or less
- Do not exceed the stated dose
- Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- If symtoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Clarityn does not normally cause drowsiness. However as with all medicines care should be taken as there may be rare exceptions.
- If you have severe liver problems your doctor or pharmacist may advise you to take the recommended amount every other day. If this applies to you follow their instructions.
- Always read the packaging and enclosed leaflet before use.