- How to use
Lansinoh Latch Assist is a simple tool to temporarily draw out the nipple to enable a good latch – the first step to successful breastfeeding.
In the early days after birth, mothers may experience engorgement or swollen breasts, a temporary condition that can make breastfeeding difficult and uncomfortable. A mother can also find that her skin has stretched so much that her nipples, which would normally be protruding, may be flat. Flat nipples may make it difficult for your baby to breastfeed easily. If your baby is unable to get a flat nipple positioned correctly in his mouth he may not receive as much breastmilk, despite his best efforts.
In these circumstances, it is important for you to be able to gently draw out your nipple so that your baby can properly grasp the nipple and areola in order to establish a good latch. For women who experience flat nipples, Lansinoh has developed the Latch Assist, a simple tool to temporarily draw out the nipple to enable a good latch – the first step to successful breastfeeding.
- Simple, self-controlled and effective.
- Easy to use – can be used quickly and easily with one hand.
- Contains 2 sizes to ensure comfortable fit.
- Includes small case for hygiene and portability.
- Before use, wash Latch Assist™ in hot soapy water, rinse and air dry
- With your baby in position for breastfeeding, gently squeeze bulb and place the shield over and around your nipple
- Lightly press the shield down against the skin to ensure an airtight seal
- Slowly release the bulb for the desired pressure
- Repeat gently until your nipple is extended and your baby can easily latch on to the breast
- Discard any milk that may collect in the bulb
- After use wash again, rinse and air dry
You added Lansinoh Latch Assist to your cart.
The key to a healthy brain may lie in your gutWe’ve taken a look at how the gut and brain communicate and shared 5 easy-to implement tips that will help support your gut microbiome.Read now
Choosing the best retinol product for your skin concernsRead now
Retinol has become more and more popular in the world in skincare due to its incredible active ingredients, but how well do you know retinol and the amazing things it can do for your skin? Follow our guide on the wonders of retinol, from our recommended products, to how you can fit it into your skincare routine.